POLICY AND PROCEDURES
This JIT Truck Parts Policy and Procedures (“Policy”), provided by JIT Truck Parts ("Company"), is intended to assist Company's customer (individually, a “Customer”) in understanding Company’s policies and procedures on the purchase and sale of parts and accessories. This Policy may be updated from time to time.
1. Terms of Sale.
Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Company: (i) Company retains the right and title to all parts and accessories sold until Company is paid in full; and (ii) the risk of loss or damage on all parts and accessories will transfer to Customer F.O.B. Company ’s location.
2. Payment Terms.
Company will invoice Customer for purchases of parts and accessories at the time Company releases such parts and accessories to the shipper or common carrier for delivery. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Company, full payment is due upon invoice, payable by wire transfer or credit card. Customer has no right of set-off, and no deduction of any amount will be made without Company’s written approval.
The price of parts and accessories will be the price in effect at the time of order. Pricing on stocked parts and accessories is available via Company’s online Information System. Company maintains the right to adjust pricing from time to time, in its sole discretion, in reaction to market dynamics, competition, and changes to cost of goods.
4. Order Classifications.
- STOCK ORDERS. Stock orders are customary replenishment orders for parts and accessories for which Company retains a stock of inventory at its distribution facility. Stock orders received by Company by 3:00 PM CST usually ship the next workday. Stock orders ship to the authorized Customer’s location on file with Company.
- BACKORDERS. Backorders determined by Company to be qualifying stock orders will be shipped freight prepaid by Company when the Part or Accessory becomes available.
- DIRECT SHIPMENTS FROM FACTORY OR SUPPLIER. Company reserves the right to have certain parts and accessories shipped directly to the Customer by a third-party manufacturer. Direct shipments may be subject to service charges for which Customer is required to pay.
In the event of any loss or damage incurred to parts and accessories during delivery, Customer will be responsible for filing necessary claims with the shipper or common carrier as applicable. In no event will Company be responsible for any delays to delivery, damage, or loss caused by third-party shippers or common carriers.
6. Freight Charges.
Stock orders for parts and accessories totaling $200 or more (other than orders for engines, transmissions, and axle assemblies) will be shipped by Company via ground transportation, freight prepaid. All freight and delivery charges on stock orders for parts and accessories less than $200 (and for orders for engines, transmissions, and axle assemblies) will be invoiced to, and paid by, Customer. The shipping method and Carrier used will be at the discretion of Company.
7. Order Change/Cancellation Policy.
- NORMAL STOCKING ITEMS. Customer may change or cancel stock orders that have not yet begun processing. Customer will incur a ten percent (10%) restocking fee on any stock order Customer wishes to cancel and for which Company has started to process.
- NON-STOCK ITEMS. Orders for non-stock parts and accessories may be cancelled by a Customer if, in the case of special manufactured items, cancellation takes place before the item is manufactured or, in the case of non-special manufactured items, cancellation takes place before the item is shipped to Company or Customer. In the event Company incurs charges and or restocking fees by a supplier or factory due to Customer’s cancellation, Customer will be responsible for such charges and or restocking fees.
8. Defective New Parts and Accessories.
- CLAIMS. All claims made by Customer to Company for defective new parts and accessories are to be submitted to Company on an approved Company claim form. Customer must contact Company for the claim form, warranty details, instructions on completing the form, and other terms and conditions that apply to the claims process. Company will accept no claim for defects on any part or accessory having a sale price of $10.00 or less. Company will accept no claim for defects on any part or accessory having been damaged by shop wear, handling, modification or attempted modification by Customer , misuse, or is otherwise not eligible for claim or return (e.g., sold “as is” or no longer under warranty).
- CREDITS. Company will inspect claimed parts and accessories prior to issuing the Customer any credit. For parts and accessories found to be defective, Company will issue a credit in the amount originally paid by Customer for such part or accessory.
9. Defective Replacement Parts and Accessories.
Claims involving defective parts and accessories used in the repair of trucks still under a new truck OEM warranty are covered according to the terms of the underlying warranty. Part and accessories purchased for service and or over-the-counter sales from Company and its parts affiliates are covered by the warranty, if any, provided to Customer at the time of purchase. Warranties on parts and accessories purchased for service and or over-the-counter sales may or may not include a warranty. Please call Company or the territory sales representative for questions concerning defects, related warranties, and processing claims.
10. Return of Parts and Accessories Ordered in Error.
- COMPANY ERRORS. All parts and accessories delivered to Customer in error by Company may, upon proper completion of a return goods authorization form, be returned to Company within 30 days from receipt of return goods authorization form for credit so long as such part and or accessory is returned in its original and unused factory condition.
- CUSTOMER ERRORS. Stock order parts and accessories ordered in error by a Customer may be returned to Company within 30 days from receipt of return goods authorization form for credit so long as such part and or accessory is returned in the original and unused factory condition (subject to Company Annual Parts Return Policy). Customer will be charged a 15% restocking fee on the amount so returned. Non-stock parts and accessories, including special manufactured items, ordered in error by Customer are not eligible for return.
11. Minimum Claim.
Parts and accessories with a sales price of $10.00 or less are not eligible for return.
12. Core Return Program
i JIT Customers can be notified of their core eligibility monthly if they request for their account to be set up that way. Please contact our Core Return Coordinator to have this setup at email@example.com.
- Customers can request their eligibility at any time during the month by sending a request in through their sales representative or by contacting the Core Return Coordinator via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monthly eligibility is sent out by region on the 1st (West Region Customers), 10th (Central Region Customers), and 20th (East Region Customers) of every month. In the business days following these events, customers doing their regularly scheduled core returns will be the first to have their requests for returns scheduled.
ii. Customers are allowed to make a core return one time each calendar month.
- Arrangements for additional returns can be negotiated in return for high volume and frequency of purchases.
- All cores expire 365 days from purchase.
iii. To initiate a core return:
- Download the core eligibility report that is emailed to you.
- Update column “E” with the amount of each core class that you would like to return.
- Save the file with your return amounts and the send to email@example.com.
The Core Return Coordinator will contact you to set up your return. Please be advised that pickup requests need to be made at least one day after the request so that we have time to schedule out the carriers.
Once your return has been inspected at our core facility we will credit your account the amount of the eligible return. All ineligible cores will be communicated to the customer for disposition. Ineligible cores can be returned freight collect to the customer or scrapped
Any questions concerning this Policy should be directed to the Customer Care Manager at Company at 1.855.548.8787.